Movie Quotes: Café dé Flore

Not many girls get off on music like guys do,
know the titles of songs, the names of bands,
and trip on the jackets, old rock, jazz, you name it!
- Antoine

Laurent: I don't want to box, Mommy.
Jacqueline: You have to learn to defend yourself.
Besides, I know you'll be great.
You're good at everything.
Everything you touch turns to gold.
Don't worry, you'll never have to fight.
Mom will teach you to use words, not fists.

Antoine: If only it'd been a masterpiece. No.
A pleasant little tune.
Almost banal, but that makes you want to stop.
Look around, seize the moment.
That makes you see life the way it should always be.
Beautiful. You know?
Complete strangers, all smiled at me,
like they understood my joy,
at seeing life the way I see it, thanks to music.
Psychologist: They smiled because you smiled.
Antoine: Prick my bubble.
I wasn't smiling.
I mean, I was smiling, thinking about what I was feeling,
experiencing, what music brings to my life.

Separating wasn't an option for us.
- Antoine

I wish I could stop thinking about him.
Spend a day without remembering how we were.
I was naive.
A mid-life crisis, I thought.
She's so beautiful.
They go so well together.
- Carole

That band puts me in a good space.
It's as if they play just for me.
- Antoine

I've never known any other man.
I've never kissed anyone else.
I've loved once in my life. One man.
But loved like no one else.
That kind of love, when you lose it,
there's only one way to survive.
You look for an explanation, or else you die. 
Do you understand?
You just want to die.
- Carole

No comments: