Movie Quotes: See Girl Run

Why is there an exclamation point if it says period?
- Emmie

I always thought that I would end up with somebody 
who made the world feel bigger to me, 
and Graham and I been together for five years 
and I feel like he makes the world smaller.
- Emmie


People's change that's all.
It's not about that, it's about...
it's about expectation, it's about.. isn't it, 
letting your expectations change.
Your idea of of how things should be.
- Emmie's dad

Ballistic missiles, you know the target, 
you fire the M.O., and it never change its course.
Right, once that thing leaves the ground 
it's gonna hit the spot that you aim to that, no matter what.
And the problem with that is, that the target's got smart.
The target's learn to move, and the missile didn't.
So, you fire the missile and that's all folks.

I mean that's it, it's gonna hit somethin' 
but it isn't gonna hit the thing you aim to that 
because that's not there anymore. 
So, they invented cybernetic missiles.

The cybernetic missile, you program it in launch. 
You let it go. But if the target moves, 
the missile change its course.
And it's constantly calculating and re-calculating 
and changing course to stay with the target, 
no matter what. 

It knows its ultimate quo, 
it has no idea what's it gonna take to get there.
It has no idea how difficult to target will gonna make it.
All it knows is, it's committed to make a whatever adjustments 
and necessary to reach that object.
- Emmie's dad

I got nothin' else.
And I'm not like the other kids 
I went to college with... 
you know the artists, actors, and sh*t.
They all grew up, thing in the head 
some God given right to be famous or 
successful or whatever like they saw it on the tubes 
so you know they just assumed 
that's what their life would be like.

Oh, I guess I did the same thing at certain point.
But I don't know everyone else 
are just eventually got depressed and gave up.
And I realized that it was gonna take hard work 
and sacrifice and nothin' was gonna be handed to me.
- Jason

Emmie's mom: Brandon, go to your room.
Brandon: It's not my room, it's Emmie's room. 
Grandma has mine remember.
Emmie's dad: Brandon, please... it's bed time.
Brandon: I'm not a little kid.
Emmie's mom: You force us to treat you like one.

No comments: