Movie Quotes: Detachment

"And never have I felt so deeply at one 
and the same time so detached from myself 
and so present in the world."
- Albert Camus

That bag doesn't have any feelings. 

It's empty.
I don't have any feelings that you can hurt either. Okay.
I understand your angry. 
I used to be very angry, too, okay, I get it.
You have no reason to be angry with me because, 
I'm among the few people let's see tryin' to give you an opportunity.
Now im'na ask you to just seat down, and do your best,
and I'll give you a piece of paper, how is that?
- Mr. Barthes

Kids don't have any attention span, they're bored. 

So how are you supposed to reel the man with classic literature,
if they don't, if they don't believed, that you, 
have something meaningful to share.
- Mr. Barthes

Merideth: So you really don't care what the kids say to you?

Mr. Barthes: I probably used to it. 
Merideth: I wish I could be that strong.
Mr. Barthes: It doesn't take strength Merideth, you gotta, 
understand that unfortunately most people lack, self-awareness.
You should really keep that in mind that you had 
another transient of second period ... at every age.

I am just like you.

- Mr. Barthes

There should be a... a pre-requisite, 

a curriculum for being a parent before people, 
attempt, "don't try this at home." 
- Mr. Barthes

Mr. Barthes: What is that mean (Assimilation)?

Student girl: To take something in.
Mr. Barthes: Okay, excellent. To absorb.
Anyone (ubiquitous)?
Student girl: Everywhere, all the time.
Mr. Barthes: So what is, obiquitous-assimilation?
George: Always absorbing everything everywhere all the time.
Mr. Barthes: Well done, George.
How are you to imagine anything, 
if the images are always provided for you?

Some of us, believed that we can make a difference,

and then sometimes, we wake up, 
and we realized, we failed.
- Mr. Barthes

2 comments:

Leonel said...

I've watched the film and it is specially deep and delicate. It's worth!

Unknown said...

I has a feel its very deep and effectively make us to think about our society.
Our Indian society is totally different here Teachers respected and parents are not allowed to complain on anything.
If your child doesnt score then its parents problem.
Society and its psychology not evolved much here, people still behave with lot fear and children take beating from there parents they are not allowed to complain