Movie Quote: If Only

You know that's out your control.
The only thing should can control 
are your own choices.
- Sam

How can you love someone 
so much and not know... 
How, how to love 'em?
- Ian

In or out my friend, it's your choice.
- Taxi driver

I've been working on this song about me and Ian.
I want to give it to him before I go away.
But I'm afraid it'll scare him.
So, I bought him a jacket, instead.

They say, there's always someone 
in a relationship, who loves more. 
Oh, God, I wish it wasn't me.
- Sam (Note on her diary)

Ian's Friend: Ah, deja vu sometimes 
dismisses a random neurological event 
but is often a message from deep within the soul.
When a soul's tapping at the door.. 
time to let 'em in.
Fred: Oprah?
Ian's Friend: Dr. Phil.

The past doesn't matter. 
What matters is now. 
Only now.
- Ian

Ian: If you had one day left, what would you do?
Sam: That's an odd question.
Ian: I'd just like to know.
Sam: Well, let's see.. uhm...
My last day on earth... 
shoe shopping...
eating my 10 hot fudge sundae... 
and there's an underwear Calvin Klein model
right in front to get to know him better.
It's an easy answer, a no brainier.
I spend it with you.
Ian: Really?
Sam: Yeah, of course. 
Just being together. 
Kinda like now. Doing nothing.
Ian: That's it, I mean there's nothing else.
Sam: Closeness, an intense closeness.
Really staring things together.
Silly things. Difficult things.
That's what I wanted for us.
And if we could have that, 
nothing could hurt us.
Ian: I love you.
Sam: Good.

Ian.. death doesn't put an end to love.
- Sam

What are you afraid of? 
Success or failure?
- Ian

Ian: Every choice I made was different,
and my life has completely changed.
And I've learn, that if you do that again then you're living your life fully.
It doesn't matter if you have 5 minutes or 50 years.
Samantha, if not for today, not for you,
I would never have known love at all.
So thank you for being that person who taught me to love, and to be love.
Sam: I don't know what to say.
Ian: You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If there had just been one day Ian, one day where nothing else matters but us."