Movie Quotes: I'm in Love with a Church Girl

Now I know what people mean
when they say,
"I wish I knew then what I knew now."
Ain't that the truth?
Probably save me a whole lot of pain
and suffering. That's for sure.
But I guess in the whole scheme of things,
it's part of God's plan,
and all's we can do is just roll with it.
'Cause when it comes right down to it
God's running the whole show anyways.
There ain't nothing
we can do to change that.
Believe me. I've tried.
He'd say go left and I'd go right.
He'd say slow down and
I'd smash on the gas.
Wasn't trying to hear nothing
He had to say.
Maybe that's why I had to
go through all this.
Maybe that's why things
had to happen the way they did.
Someone once told me
that God sometimes needs
to use extreme measures
to deal with extreme circumstances.
- Miles
Dear Father, thank You
for this glorious day.
It's easy to believe in You,
to have faith in You,
when we're blessed with
such beautiful weather,
such delicious food,
but most importantly,
for the friends and family
that we have joining us
to enjoy this today.
For this and more
we give you thanks. Amen.
- Karen

Miles: Look, I grew up in a
Catholic church,
but you know, I don't know,
I never really stuck with it.
I think I just didn't feel
comfortable in my church.
Vanessa: Well, you should
find a church
you do feel comfortable at
and stick with it.

You don't have to say
you're sorry.
Everybody has a past.
We all do.
Vanessa

The Bible says,
that bad company
corrupts good character.
Vanessa

Miles: Look, I'm not this perfect guy, V.
But I'm trying.
Vanessa: Miles, that was a mouthful.
To be honest with you, babe,
it almost sounds like
a testimony of someone
who's had their life
turned around by God.
Thank you for even wanting
to share that with me.
Am I okay with it?
I don't know about all that.
Does it make me
want to pull away from you?
No. If anything,
it makes me want
to get closer to you.

Vanessa: Baby, do you know
what "equally yoked" means?
Miles: What do you mean,
like eggs or something?
Vanessa: No, silly.
In the Bible,
God refers to our spirits
as equally yoked.
So in order for you and I
to be equally yoked,
means that we have
to feel the same way
about each other and God,
and put Jesus in the center
of this relationship.
Now, do you think
you can do that?
Miles: It sounds like a whole lot,
babe, but I care about you
enough to give it a try.

Miles: So, you really like, like a pastor, huh?
I mean like a real Pastor?
Pastor Galley: As opposed to like an imaginary,
cartoon pastor?
Miles: Nah, that’s not what I meant, man.
I mean, you really look like a pastor.
Pastor Galley: I know, huh.
So what’s a real pastor
supposed to look like, Miles?
Miles: I don’t know, man.
I mean, look at you, man.
Clothes, your jewelry.
Pastor Galley: You’re kind of tight to death
yourself there, Miles,
Miles: Yeah, but I don’t drive no lambo, Pastor.
Pastor Galley: Lambo, huh?
I recall pulling into the parking lot
and passing a four-door black Bentley
that I’ve never seen here before.
And I’m assuming that’s yours, man.
Miles: Yeah, but I ain’t no pastor.
Pastor Galley: True that, but the last time
I red the Bible, it said
nothing about style being a sin.
It kinda goes back to that old saying,
that you can not judge a book
by its cover, you heard?
Miles: Yeah, I dig.
So what made you wanna be a pastor, anyway?
Pastor Galley: God had a calling in
my life, Miles. And as much as
I try to avoid that call,
I couldn’t avoid it anymore.
Here I am.
He’s got calling on your life, too.
On everybody’s life.
But you gotta answer the phone
when He calls, you dig?
Miles: Calling, huh?

Vanessa: Have you considered,
you know, taking that walk of faith
during the altar call?
Miles: Babe, I ain’t even lie to you.
Vanessa: What?
Miles: I’m still trying to figure
this whole thing out.
I know, there’s a God.
I’m supposed to act to certain way and everything.
But to be real, babe.
I’m still researching this whole
salvation thing. I mean,
I just don’t wanna dive into it.
James, chapter one.
This is what the Bible says,
"Consider it pure joy
whenever you face trials
of many kinds.
Knowing that
the trying of your faith,
the testing of your faith
develops perseverance
in your life."
And we should
allow perseverance
to have her work in our life.
Because God uses that
to complete us and
to mature us.
- Pastor

Yeah, I took the plunge.
In more ways than one.
God has been so good to me.
Sometimes I can't even understand.
And after all I did
throughout my life,
He never gave up on me.
If that ain't love,
I don't know what is.
I've even been taking these
Bible classes just so
I can understand Him and
His word a little better.
Good news is that you guys
are short-timers now.
Just a little ways to go,
and it's all over, yo.
Just remember
what we talked about
on our visits.
God is good and He is faithful.
And I promise
that He's inside those walls
just as much as He is out here.
- Miles

We wanna speak life over you today.
Every person listening.
We want you to understand
no matter where you've been
or where you might
currently find yourself,
it's not over.
When God is in it,
there is no limit.
- It’s Not Over (by Israel & New Breed, James Fortunato, Jason Nelson)

No comments: