Movie Quotes: Facing the Giants

And I just kept thinking
How can I miss someone so much
that I have never met?
- Brooke

Are you saying
you're not interested,
or you'd like to try out
but you're afraid?
- Larry

David, you can't be afraid of failure.
Everyone fails at some point.
Larry

Larry: David, I've asked God
since you were a baby,
that He would show
how strong He is in your life,
and that through you
people would see how good He is.
David: Then why would He make me
so small and weak?
Larry: To show how mighty He is.

Psalm 18:1-3
"I love you, O Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock and
my fortress, my deliverer,
my God in whom I trust
my shield and the horn of
my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord
who is worthy to be praised.
So shall I be saved from my enemies."
Larry: Your actions will always
follow your beliefs, David.
David: Dad, I can't even kick it straigth.
Larry: And I can't walk. Should I just
stay home and pout about it?
If you accept defeat, David,
then that's what you'll get.

Revelations Chapter 3 says:
[8] “We serve a God that opens doors
that no one can shut and He
shuts doors that no one can open.
He says, ‘Behold, I have placed
before you an open door
that no one can shut.
I know you have a little strength
yet you have kept my word
and have not denied my name.’”

Coach Taylor, the Lord is not
through with you yet.
You still have an open door here.
And until the Lord moves you,
you're to bloom right where
you're planted.
I just felt led to come and
tell you that today.
- Mr. Bridges

Mr. Bridges: Grant, I heard a story
about two farmers
who desperately needed rain.
And both of them prayed for rain,
but only one of them went out and
prepared his fields to receive it.
Which one do you think
trusted God to send the rain?
Grant: Well, the one who prepared
his fields for it.
Mr. Bridges: Which one are you?
God will send the rain
when he's ready.
You need to prepare
your field to received it.

The more I read this book (Bible)
the more I realize
life's not about us.
We're not here just to get glory,
make money, and die.
The Bible says
God put us here for Him.
To honor Him.
Jesus said the most important
thing you could do with your life.
Is to love God with everything
you are and love others as yourself.
So if we win every game and
we miss that, we've done nothing.
Grant

I want God to bless this team so much
people talk about what He did.
But it means we gotta give Him
our best in every area.
And if we win, we praise Him.
And if we lose, we praise Him.
Either way, we honor Him
with our actions and our attitudes.
Grant

Stay humble but confident.
Grant

We weren't supposed to have
a winning season, but we do.
We weren't supposed to advance
through the playoffs, but we did.
We're not supposed to be here,
but we are.
Grant

You tell me, Coach Taylor
tell me what's impossible
when God's on your side?
- Brooke

Matthew 19:26
With God
all things
are possible.

No comments: