Movie Quotes: Eat. Pray. Love.

Liz, having a baby is like
getting a tattoo on your face.
You kinda wanna be fully committed.
- Delia

I was getting the sinking feeling
that Ketut's prophecy was coming true.
Was I in the shorter marriage?
- Liz

The only thing
more possible than staying
was leaving.
- Liz

..I will give you all these and more.
Until I'm so exhausted and depleted.
The only way I can recover
is by becoming infatuated 
with someone else.
- Woman in play

Don't you wanna give me a chance
to miss you?
- David

Meanwhile, the object of your adoration
is now repulsed by you...
...You have now reached
infatuation's final destination...
The complete and merciless devaluation..
of self.
- Liz

Do you know what I felt
when l woke up, Delia?
Nothing.
No passion. No spark.
No faith. No heat.
Absolutely nothing.
I think, I've gotten past the point where
I can be calling this a bad moment.
And it just, it terrifies me. Jesus,
this is like worse than death to me...
...the idea that this is the person
I'm gonna be from now on.
- Liz

David: Did you fall out?
Liz: I don't know how to be here.
David: You wanna know how to be here?
Stop constantly waiting for something.

We call it "dolce far niente."
It means, "the sweetness of doing nothing."
We are masters of it.
- Giovanni

Maybe you're a woman
in search of her word.
- Sofi

I'm in love.
I'm having a relationship 
with my pizza.
- Liz

Even in this eternal city,
the Augusteum showed me...
that we must always be prepared
for endless waves of transformation.
- Liz

The only thing permanent in life 
is family.
- Caretaker (Italy)

You deserved a break today.
- Luca Spaghetti

It's more difficult for a woman to feel
that she has the right to make choices.
It takes a lot of courage.
- Corella (Italy)

Silence is a wonderful spiritual practice.
but if Corella could speak,
she'd tell you
it's a lot more challenging than it looks.
You might wanna wait till
you've been here for a while.
Swami 

Okay.
Simply empty your mind.
Breathe.
What am I going to do
when this year is over?
Where am I going to live?
Well, maybe Chicago.
Oh, my God.
I can build a meditation room..
No. Stop thinking.
Why is this so hard?
Screw you, Corella.
How the hell does she do this, really.
She looks like frigging, Mother Teresa.
Oh, my God, kill me.
- Liz

You have to learn to select your thoughts
the same way that you select your clothes everyday.
Now that's the power that you can cultivate.
- Richard

If you can't master your thoughts,
you are in trouble forever.
- Richard

Stop trying and surrender.
Go out to the garden and
just sit there.
And still your mind.
And watch what happens.
Why don't you just let it be?!
- Richard

I thought, I was over him, I love him.
- Liz

So, the holy truth of the whole
adventure here in India is in one line:
"God dwells within you as you."
- Liz

God dwells within me as me.
- Liz

I don't need to love you
to prove that I love myself!
- Liz

Liz, listen to Ketut.
Sometimes to lose balance for love
is part of living balance in life.
- Ketut

If you're brave enough to leave behind
everything familiar and comforting
which can be anything from your house
to bitter old resentments
and set out on a truth seeking journey.
Either externally or internally.
And if you are truly willing
to regard everything
that happens to you on that journey
as a clue.
And if you accept
everyone you meet along the way
as a teacher.
And if you were prepared
most of all
to face and forgive
some very difficult realities about yourself
then the truth
will not be withheld from you.
- Liz

No comments: