Movie Quotes: The Spectacular Now

the exchange.
"Question number two.
Describe a challenge, 
hardship or misfortune
you have experienced 
in your life.
What have you
learned from this

and how has it prepared
you for the future?"
- Sutter

You know, Aimee Finecky?
I was having 
a really rotten night
last night until
you came along.
I think that we should
get lunch sometime.
Sutter

I love you so much it hurts.
Sutter

Sutter: What's your thing?
Aimee: I don't know,
I'd like to think
that there's
more to a person than
just one thing. You know?

Weird is good.
Let's embrace the weird.
- Sutter

No, dude,
there's no buts about it.
Aimee, don't you understand?
You are this, like,
incredibly gifter genuis person,
and you've got all
these people around you
telling you that
you can't do sh*t.
And that's gonna stop.
You need to start
standing up for yourself.
- Sutter

Man, I'm just saying like,
you can relax, you know?
You're awesome, man.
Enjoy being who you are.
Live in the now.
Embrace that sh*t.
- Sutter

Marcus: Hey, Sutter.
Sutter: Hmm?
MarcusThey're wrong about you.
Sutter: What's that?
Marcus: You're not the joke
everyone thinks, man.

Aimee: ...I know that 
my marriage will work.
Sutter: Oh, yeah.
Aimee: I've thought it all out.
My husband and I 
will both live
on a horse ranch and
I will work for NASA.
And he'll do something
completely different.
So that we 
offset each other, you know?
Like, we'll have
some things in commin
but then we'll also
bring all these
different dimensions
to the table.
So that, you know,
life doesn't get boring.
I know it's gonna work.

I'm telling you,
once you've actually
talked to her,
you see who she is.
And I don't know, man.
She's really beautiful.
- Sutter

I guess you could say
I wasn't cut out
to be a family man,
not in the traditional sense.
I did some things
that I'm not proud of.
But I'll tell you something.
I don't live in the past.
I live in the now
because that's
what it's all about.
- Sutter's dad

My name is Sutter Keely
and I'm 18 years old.
Compared to other kids,
I haven't had 
that many hardships.
Not really.
You know, 
"sh*t's happened...
Stuff's happened, sure,
but, stuff always happens, right?
But the real challenge
in my life,
the real hardship, is me.
It's always been me.
As long as I can remember,
I've never not been afraid.
Afraid of failure.
Of letting people down.
Hurting people. Getting hurt.
I thought if I kept
my guard up
and focus on other things,
other people, 
if I couldn't even feel it,
well, then no harm
would come to me.
I screwed up.
Not inly did I
shut out the pain,
I shut out everything.
The good and the bad.
Until there was nothing.
It's fine to just
"live in the now."
But the best part about "now"
is there's another one tomorrow.
And I'm gonna start
making them count.
Sincerely, Sutter Keely.
P.S. I don't know
if this was due
a long time ago.
Probably was.
But thay's fine.
It may be too late
for this essay.
It's not too late for me.
- Sutter

No comments: