Moview Quotes: Thi Mai (Rumbo a Vietnam)

Like you need a penis
to be able to sell screws.
- Carmen

You can't keep this up, Carmen.
We're your friends.
You can vent to us.
We're here to listen.
- Rosa

If it bothers you that much,
don't listen.
- Rosa

Javier: Thi Mai?
Carmen: It means "tomorrow".

Just because you don't work
doesn't mean the money isn't yours too.
- Carmen

You can't go around Vietnam adopting kids,
you aren't Angelina Jolie.
- Carmen

I'm in a country
where I can't ask for toilet paper.
I'm thousands of kilometers away
from a man who's even more afraid than me. 
And I want to run home so badly.
And that scares me even more.
- Carmen

Dan: I'm sorry...
you won't see more of my country.
Elvira: I'm not exactly here for tourism.
Dan: Why did you come?
Why are you here?
Elvira: Well, to help a friend.
And for me, I suppose.
I was a fish out of water in Spain.
Dan: You fish?
Elvira: No.
Where I'm from,
they only want young people.
Dan: You're young.
What are you? Thirty?
Elvira: That's a great compliment.
Dan: What is a "compliment"?
Elvira: Well... handsome.
Dan: Thank you.
We Viatnamese joke too.
Elvira: I can see that.
Dan: Elvira... You aren't old.
My grandpa was old.

Dan: It's been just a year
since my grandpa died at 104.
Elvira: My goodness.
What would I do with all those years?
Dan: He fished.
Every day, grandpa went fishing for
the giant sturgeon in the Red River.
It was almost old... as him.
Elvira: Did he catch it?
Dan: No. But thanks to that sturgeon,
my grandpa had a reason to live
until the end.
Elvira: Sure.
Well, Carmen's was Thi Mai.
That girl was her sturgeon.

"Mine taught me you have to try
to return all the good you've received."
- Maria

Elvira: Guys!
I think I'm going to stay.
Rosa: Here in thr orphanage?
Elvira: No, here in Vietnam.
Rosa: What?
Elvira: I don't know,
I want to do some travelling.
If Dan wants to be my guide.
Dan: That sounds good, very good.
Andres: But the wedding will be in Spain.
I'm not coming back.
Carmen: Take care of her for me, okay, Dan?
She may seem cold on the outside
but she's got a warm heart.
Dan: Yes, she's got the hottest heart.
Is that right?
Elvira: Yes, yes. You said it perfectly.

No comments: