Movie Quotes: Trouble With The Curve

Gus: You need some money for new clothes?
Mikey: I just came from yoga.
Gus: You into that voodoo, huh?
Mikey: Yeah, I’m thinking about
getting three sixes tattoo across my forehead.


Gus: Look I don’t need your help.
I don’t even know why you’re here.
I don’t know why you just don’t go home.
Mikey: Because, in spite of you,
I feel this dysfunctional sense of responsibility
to make sure that you’re okay.
Gus: I know I’m as blind
as a slab of concrete,
but I’m not helpless.
I’ll put a bullet in my head
when that happens.
Mikey: That’s comforting.
As always, it’s been really great
talking to you.
Gus: I’ve got half a beer
back at the bar
that won’t argue with me.

Mikey: It’s a long story.
Johnny: I’d like to hear it.
Mikey: I don’t wanna tell it.

Johnny: You have got to lighten up. Seriously.
Mikey: I don’t feel so light, right now.
Gus: Get out.
Mikey: What?
Gus: Go. Why don’t you two go out.
Meet some people.
Have some fun.
You don’t wanna hang around here.
Mikey: Thank you. I meet plenty of people.
Gus: Still single, aren’t you?
Mikey: Yes, I’m still single. Very single.
Johnny: Maybe you are emotionally unavailable.
Mikey: Emotionally unavailable?
Johnny: Yeah.
Mikey: Who are you, Dr. Phil?
Johnny: Hey, that is quality television.
Gus: Yeah.
Mikey: And by the way,
if I am emotionally unavailable,
which I am not,
thank you very much.
It would be because of you.
Gus: Just go, will you?
Mikey: No.
Gus: Jesus Christ.
Johnny: We gotta get a camera crew
to follow you guys around.
I mean, the Kardashian’s
have nothing on the two of you.
Wow, that poor Bruce.
Gus: Come on. Will you, please?
Just the two of you. Get out.

Johnny: As you know,
to get the magical 300.
You fail 700, 10 times.
Mikey: You think you’re pretty smart,
don’t you?
Johnny: Me?
Gus: Yeah, you.
Johnny: No, what.
Is that a good thing? You like smart?
Mikey: Well, you gotta have it here, and here.
Johnny: Here and here?
Mikey: Yes, here and here.
Johnny: Oh, yeah. I’m pretty much
what you’re looking for then.

Come on. Live a little.
- Johnny

Johnny: Where’re you going?
Mikey: I’m keeping a safe distance.
Johnny: You’re good at that, you know?
Why don’t stop try stopping? Here.
How’s this?
Mikey: It’s safe.
Johnny: What about now?
Make: Safe.

Learn to walk away.
Isn’t that what you said?
- Johnny

Mikey: Can’t you understand
that you sending me away
wasn’t protecting me
it was rejecting me.
And I’ve been working
really hard to not let anyone else
get close enough to me
to do that again.
And being alone really sucks.
Gus: Well, you might just have to
give me a little slack on that,
because I can’t change.
Mikey: You never tried.
Gus: I’m just a broken down old man.
And you ought to get as far away from me
as you can. Can’t you just do that?
Mikey: Yeah, I can do that.

Save it. Being comfortable’s overrated.
Gus

No comments: