Movie Quotes: Miracles from Heaven

When I was growin’ up
people didn’t really talk about miracles.
I’m not sure I understood what they were
or if I believed in them.
A miracle is defined as something
not explicable by natural
or scientific laws.
But then how do you explain it?
How does it happen?
Who or what is behind it?
- Christy

There is a common phrase,
“No pain, no gain.”
And it is, of course,
attributed to the sculpting of our bodies.
But the same principle can be applied
to the sculpting of our character
and the deepening of our spiritual life.
So, when the road gets bumpy,
when the storms rain down,
I could do a few things to protect myself.
You know, I can get a nice helmet.
And we might be able
to find ourselves an umbrella.
Just happened to be there.
Now that that’s open,
we better make sure
that our insurance premiums
are paid up, too.
So, we can get an umbrella.
And we can get a helmet,
and we can get an insurance.
But there’s one thing that we need
that can’t be seen and
it can’t be bought.
And that is faith.
Faith is really the only true shelter.
Amen.
- Pastor Scott

Are you there?
Do you even hear me?
‘Cause I don’t hear you.
- Christy

If I’m not happy
in a particular situation
I need to ask myself,
and you might wanna ask yourself,
“What am I doing or
what am I not doing
that’s creating this?
Have I sinned? Have I drifted astray?
And if I have, I need to man up and
get back on track.”
- Pastor Scott

Pain is one of the most
complicated thing to treat.
- Dr. Nurko

We can't choose our neighbors.
We're just to love 'em.
- Pastor Scott

Let me tell you,
at the lowest points of my life,
I've tried it both ways.
Doing everything I can
to connect to God,
or walkin' away.
And in my experience,
one feels a whole lot better
than the other.
- Pastor Scott

Haley: Why do you want the cross with you?
Anna: It's just like a reminder.
Haley: Of what?
Anna: That Jesus is with me.
Haley: Do you think He's with me, too?
Anna: Of course, He is.


And Christy, spend all the time
you can with her.
Her family is the best medicine
right now.
- Dr. Nurko

Miracles are everywhere.
- Christy

Miracles are God's way of letting us know, He's here.
- Christy

No comments: