Movie Quotes: Pay It Forward

Mr. Thorsen: Having a little car trouble?
Chris: That's a keen observation.
Mr. Thorsen: I can help you.
It's the Jag.
Chris: You want me to drive home in your car?
Mr. Thorsen: No, I want you to take my car.
I've had a lot of luck lately.
I don't need it.
Chris: You're giving me a brand new
Jaguar and you don't want anything?
Mr. Thorsen: I can prove it.
Give me your card. I'll be in touch.
Chris: What is this?
What do you want me,
kill your wife or something?
Mr. Thorsen: No. Tempting, but no.
Call it generosity between two strangers.
Chris: Generosity?

This class is Social Studies.
That is you and the world.
Yes. There is a world out there,
and even if you decide
you don't want to meet it,
it's still going to hit you
right in the face. Believe me.
So, best you start thinking about
the world now and what it means to you.
What does the world mean to you?
- Mr. Simonet

How about possible?
It's possible.
The realm of possibility, exists where?
In each of you. Here.
So you can do it.
You can surprise us. It's up to you.
Or you can just sit back
and let it atrophy.
- Mr. Simonet

Think of an idea to change our world -
and put it into ACTION!
(Chalk board)

Mr. Thorsen: "Just pay it forward."
Three big favors for three other people.
That's it.
Chris: So it's like a pass-it-on thing, then.

Jerry: I'm not allowed to pay back Trevor.
Arlene: Then what is it you're doing?
Jerry: I'm paying it forward.

Arlene: What's paying it forward?

Trevor: That's me.
And that's three other people.
And I'm going to help them,
but it has to be something really big.
Something they can't do by themselves.
So I do it for them.
Then I do it for three other people.
That's nine.
And I do three more.

Jerry: That's 27 so..
I'm not really good at math
but it gets big really fast. You know.

Chris: Why did you pay it forward?
Sidney: Because don't nobody tell me
what I can and can't touch.

Mr. Simonet: Hey, what's the matter?
Trevor: Pay it forward didn't work.
I couldn't even do it.
I was gonna help Adam.
Mr. Simonet: Help Adam what?
Trevor: Not get beat up.
But I crapped out and let him.
I let him get beat.
Mr. Simonet: No, you didn't.
You didn't let him get beat.
It happened.
Sometimes there's nothing we can do.

Trevor: Is the world just sh*t?
Mr. Simonet: No, it isn't.
Hey, you did good work. Look at me.
I'm proud of you, Trevor.
I'm proud of you.
And anyway, for what it's worth,
I'm grading you on the effort,
not the result.
Trevor: I don't care about the grade.
I just wanted to see if the world
would really change.

Arlene: I think I made a mistake.
Trevor: Everybody makes mistakes.

Trevor: Are you still gonna pay it forward?
You could say you don't have to.
'Cause it didn't work out.
But I thought you still might.
Mr. Simonet: Trevor, I would like more than anything to do that for you.
When I find something worthy...
Trevor: I know somebody who needs something.
Mr. Simonet: You have to let me find this..
Trevor: You know who it is.
Mr. Simonet: Look, you don't understand everything. All right?
So you do not know what you're asking.
Trevor: Give her another chance.
Mr. Simonet: I will pay it forward.
I promise you that.
But I can not do that.
Trevor: But that's why this is the one.
Because it's supposed to be something hard.

I don't know.
I think some people are too scared
or something.
To think things can be different.
I mean, the world's not exactly sh*t.
I guess it's hard for some people who are
so used to things the way they are.
Even if they're bad to change.
And they kinda give up.
When they do, everybody kinda,
they kinda lose.
Trevor

It's hard.
You can't plan it.
You have to watch people more.
Sort of keep an eye on them
to protect them.
'Cause they can't always see
what they need.
It's like your big chnace to fix
something that's not like your bike.
You can fix a person.
Trevor

Chris: Is that what you want for your birthday? Everybody to pay it forward?
Trevor: I can't ask for that.
Chris: Sure you can. Why not?
Trevor: Wouldn't work.
Chris: Why?
Trevor: I already blew out my candles.

No comments: