Movie Quotes: Beat Girl

I've always been fascinated by what music does to people.
Music comforts us when we're sad
and it makes us shout when we're happy.
At times, it says exactly what we're feeling
especially when words fails us.
- Narrator, Heather

If you got to live at my house

you've got to live by my rules.
- Heather's dad

Steve: Will you please contradict my grumpiness with your usual optimism?

Amy: Uh-uh, my optimism left me on page 13.

You don't know me.

I don't owe you an explanation.
- Mike

Customer: Thank you, that is perfect.

Steve: Perfection is our motto.
Perfect alterations for everyone.

Toby: Ready?

Heather: Now?
Toby: Oh, relax. You've got the technique down.
Now, it's just you and the music.

I thought, enough with the double life

and I chose the one I really loved.
I haven't looked back since.
- Toby

I know talent when I see it.

- Toby

I haven't found it yet but I know what I'm looking for.

- Heather

Okay, hear me out.

The one thing I've learned,
is the best thing you can be, is yourself.
You don't need expensive equipment or a hit venue
to show what you're about.
Keep it simple. You know.
Make her mix-tape, a, a playlist.
Write her poem or whatever.
Just do something that tells her who you are.
- Heather's dad

No comments: