Movie Quotes: The Lifeguard

This is no kind of thing,
I don't wanna hide.
- Leigh

They're little...
They're buried... stories, 
I guess...
...But they're yours.
So.. you get attached.
- Leigh

Leigh: I've never, you know, asked for..
I just need some time out of my life.
Justine: Well, we all do.
Hans: Are you alright, Leigh?
Leigh: Yeah. I just don't wanna turn 30
and still be in that life anymore.
Hans: No, what's wrong with your life (obscure).
Leigh: It's not... it's not good.
I mean.. I'm not... I'm not happy.
Hans: You're depressed?
Justine: Is that it? Are you depressed?
Leigh: No. Not, clinic'ly.
My life hasn't turned out like I picture.

Todd: How long you're here for?
Leigh: Ah, I think a while. Like... a while.
Todd: Why?
Leigh: I'm getting back to basics.
Todd: What about your job?
Leigh: Yeah. No.
Todd: What about your boss?
Leigh: He... uhm... that guy's engaged.
Todd: Leigh. Leigh.
Leigh: Why are you just standing here?
I need you to cancel your plans
with anyone else, ever.

Well, despite our elderliness
some thing's remain from our youth.
- Leigh

Matt: Can you buy us beer?
Lumpy: Please?
Matt: Yeah. Lumpy's brother was supposed to
but circumstances intervened.
Leigh: No.
Little Jason: Why?
Leigh: Because we have lives
that don't need to be interrupted
by the long arm of the law.
Todd: What would we get out of that?
Matt: I don't know.
Todd: I think you do.
What is valuable to someone looking
to broaden his mind?
Something you could perhaps purchase.
It, it grows in nature.
Matt: Oh.

If you're so worried
then, don't do it.
- Todd

You have your whole life ahead of you.
You've no idea how lucky you are right now.
- Leigh

Mel: F*ck you, guys.
Leigh: What?
Mel: I really needed to have fun tonight
and you didn't even care
and you don't even..
You never ask how I am.

"Be brave and bold
and do not look back, classmates.
For the future is meant to be seized
with both hands."
- Todd

Leigh: You have to be specific.
You, you just can't drift. What?
Little Jason: You seem really sad.

John: Real life can be disappointing
when you're expectations are so high.
Mel: I have high expectations.
John: You know what I'm talking' about.
Mel: Everybody does.

You know, I'm allowed to,.. 
uhm.. be confused 
and stumble once in a while. 
Okay?
I've never done that up until this point.
Okay? Never.
- Leigh

News flash: 
Time moves in one direction.
- John

Leigh, you're an adult! Grow up.
- Mel

Things happen.
Keep moving or die.
You understand?
- Big Jason

No comments: