Movie Quotes: About Time

Big lesson number one:
all the time travel in the world
can't make someone love you
so the love of my life
just drove away
and the very next day
it was my turn to leave.
- Tim

It's very bad for girls
to be too pretty
it stops in developing sense of humor
or personality.
- Tim's mom

Tim: What you think of her?
Tim's dad: I like her more than you already.

No one can ever prepare you
for what happens when you have a child
when you see the baby in your arms
and you know that
it's your job now
no one can prepare you
for the love and the fear.
- Tim 

No one can prepare you
for the love
people you love
can feel for them...

...and nothing can preapare you
for the indiference of friends
who don't have babies...

...and it's a shock how quickly you have
to move to a new place
you completely can't afford...

Suddenly, time travel seems almost unnecessary
because every detail of life
is so delightful.
- Tim

There's a song by Baz Luhrmann called Sunscreen.
He says, worrying about the future
has as its effect
trying to solve an algebra equation
by chewing bubblegum.
The real troubles in your life
will always be things that never cross
your worried mind.
- Tim

Never bring a presents more than a child.
- Harry

Tim: We have to do something to fix it.
Mary: Yah, but you know
if it's gonna be fixed
I think she probably has to do it for herself.
Tim: Maybe. Maybe no.

Maybe, just maybe I'm the fooler.
Every family has like someone who fools.
Who doesn't make the grade.
Who stumbles. Who life trips up.
Maybe I'm a fooler.
- Kit-kat

Tim: So, everyday up to these days
as it will always be.. lost.
Tim's dad: Just like for everyone else.
Tim: Okay. Interesting. Tough.
I love you, dad. Off I go.

Nice isn't necessarily boring.
- Mary

So, he told me his secret formula
for happiness
part one of the two part plan
is that I should just get on
with ordinary life
living it day by day
like anyone else.
- Tim

But then came part two of that plan
he told me to live everyday again
almost exactly the same
the first time with all the tensions
and worries that stop us noticing
how sweet the world can be
but the second time
notice it.
- Tim

This was the toughest decision of my life
saying yes to the future,
meant saying goodbye to my father, forever.
- Tim

The truth is I never had travel back at all
not even for the today
I just tried to lived everyday
as if I've deliberately comeback
to this one day
to enjoy it as if it was the full final day
of my extraordinary, ordinary life.
- Tim

We're all traveling through time together
everyday of our lives
all we can do is do our best
to relish this remarkable right.
- Tim

No comments: