Movie Quotes: Blackbird

Psalm 23
[1] "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want..."
[4] "I will fear no evil for You are with me;"

Efrem: No wonder you're so uptight.

How the hell do you do it?
Randy: I pray a lot.
Efrem: Ah! The power of prayer!

Crystal: Randy! We're your friends.
You can trust us.
Randy: Crystal, I'm not gay!
Crystal: How do you know?
Randy: What kind of question is that?
Crystal: You're still a v*rgin, right?
Randy: So are you!
Crystal: Yeah, don't remind.

You and your smart mouth.
Actin' all b*tchy!
I'm not like you...
(I'm in the choir.)
- Randy

Matthew 23:9 (ESV)
"And call no man your father on earth
for you have One Father
who is in Heaven."

"The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures."

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)
"No temptation has seized you
except what is common to man.
And God is faithful;
He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted,
He will also provide a way out
so that you can stand up under it."

Sometimes you gotta swim 
down from the surface
to keep from drownin'
Sometimes you gotta getaway 
so you can come back stronger
so you can fly
- Lance (Randy's dad)

Mark 14:38 (ESV)
"Watch and pray that you 
may not enter into temptation.
The spirit indeed is willing, 
but the flesh is weak."

Crystal: I think we should sleep together.
Randy: Sleep together?
Crystal: Have s*x.
Efrem: F*ck.
Crystal: My v*rgnity, your confusion.
Efrem: Two b*tch' in one stone.
Crystal: One stop shoppin'.
Randy: Crystal, we can't sleep together. We're friends.
Crystal: ...and friends of each other. Ohh!
My v*rgnity is nothin' but a curse.
Randy: But don't you wanna save for someone special?
Crystal: Men are never special.
Randy: I ain't?
Crystal: You don't count. You're not a man. You're a Randy.
Crystal: What I wanna save my precious v*rginity
for some drunken (obscure)
gave it to someone,
who at least find it useful.
Randy: Crystal, I can't sleep with you.
Crystal: Why not?
Efrem: Because he's so not gay.
Randy: Because you're Crystal.
Crystal: ..and hot, thank you!
I thought you were straight
you're the only boy in school
who doesn't wanna f*ck me.
Efrem: Dude, even I wanna f*ck her.
Crystal: See, gay (obscure) school gay boy.
Randy: I'm not to have s*x with anybody.
I don't need to prove anything to anyone. Got it?
Subject close. Close.
Efrem: Gay.
Randy: I heard it.

James 1:12 (ESV)
"Blessed is the man who 
remains steadfast under trial,
for when he has stood the test
he will receive the crown of life,
which God has promised to those 
who love him."

Randy: What are you sayin', dad?
Lance: I am sayin'..
but you got to follow your gut, son.
And be a man.
Ain't no preacher, your mom and me
can say what it is to be a man.
That's between you and God.
Randy: How am I suppose to know what God wants?
I keep askin' and askin', and it just like...
Lance: Well, have you been listenin', and listenin'?
Or you've been in talk?

Randy: Are you okay?
Efrem: I wish you would quit f*ckin' askin' me that, man!
I'm runnin' out of punchlines.

Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;"

1 John 4:8 (NIV)
"Whoever does not love does not know God,
because God is love."

1 Corinthians 13 (NIV)
[4] Love is patient, love is kind;
it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
[5] ..it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs.
[6] Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
[7] It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 Corinthians 13 (ESV)
[7] Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
[8] Love never ends.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This movie truly blessed me