Movie Quotes: Stand By Me


I wanted to share my friends enthusiasm
but I couldn't.
That somewhere in home 
I'd become the invisible boy.
- Gordie 


Chris: I didn't know was loaded, honest.
Gordie: You swear?
Chris: Yeah, I swear.
Gordie: On your mother's name?
Chris: Yeah.
Gordie: Even if she goes to hell 'cause you lied.
Chris: Yeah, I swear.

Gordie: Pinky swear.
Chris:  Pinky swear.

Oh, so funny I forgot to laugh.
- Vern

Gordie: Shut up!
Teddy, Vern, ChrisI don't shut up, I grow up,
and when I looked at you I throw up. Ehhh..
Gordie: And then your mother goes around the corner and she licks it up.
Teddy, Vern, Chris: Oooh..

Bible says, "in the midst of life, we are in death".
Did you know that?
- Old man in store

Chopper was my first lesson in the vast difference 
between myth and reality.
- Gordie

Gordie: Do you think I'm weird?
Chris: Definitely.
Gordie: No man, seriously. Am I weird?
Chris: Yeah, but so what? Everybody's weird.

Gordie: What's a**hole about wantin' to be with your friends?
Chris: It's a**hole if your friends drag you down.

It's like God gave you somethin' man.
All those stories that you can make up.
And he said this is what we got for you kid,
try not to lose it.
- Chris 

Why the trains really cool show
but did you ever notice that they didn't get anywhere?
Just keep waggin' train.
- Gordie


Chris: Come on Teddy, act your age!
Teddy: This is my age! 
I'm in the prime of my youth, and the only of the young ones.
Chris: Yeah, but your gonna be stupid for the rest of your life.


We headed home and although many thoughts raise through our minds, 
we barely spoke.
- Gordie


As time went on, we saw less and less of Teddy and Vern.
Until eventually, they became just two more faces in the halls.
It happens sometimes. 
Friends comin' in and out of your life, 
like bus boys in a restaurant.
- Gordie

No comments: